Created by Motrr, the designers behind the Gorillapod™ line of innovative camera tripods, Galileo is a revolutionary iOS-controlled robotic iPhone platform that enables you to move your iPhone with any iOS device.
With applications in areas of photography, cinematography, social networking, and video conferencing, Galileo gives iOS devices endless possibilities of remote-controlled motion. Capable of infinite 360° pan-and-tilt at speeds up to 200° per second in any orientation, Galileo is an invaluable tool to everyone from an amateur photographer to the professional cinematographer, and vastly improves the experience of video chat for anyone needing to stay connected. Just swipe your finger on the screen of your iPad or other iOS device and Galileo reacts, orienting your iPhone or iPod Touch accordingly. Galileo can also give new usage for your old iPhone or iPod Touch that’s sitting in storage.
Additional product features and uses include:
• Video chat and conferencing – stay connected as you follow the action
• Baby monitoring – see what you want to see, not what the nanny shows you
• Remote learning – follow professors around the classroom; see who is asking questions
• Time lapse photography – create dynamic time-lapse videos that encompass movement along with passage of time
• Cinematography – shoot interesting transition shots, panning down, panning across and up, etc. Mount the Galileo on rails and create a mini-rig for your iPhone camera!
• Real estate photography – build 360° spherical virtual home tours with ease
• SDK (software developers kit) – Freedom to integrate Galileo functionality into existing apps or to create entirely new apps built around the movement capabilities of Galileo. Or build software to integrate the Galileo with other hardware (e.g. camera rails).
• Outfitted with a standard tripod screw – the Galileo can be mounted on any tripod
• Portable charging station for your iPhone or iPod – Charges your device while plugged in
• Rechargeable Lithium polymer battery – lets you use your Galileo anywhere
• Small sleek design – The Galileo weighs 7 ounces, is 2 inches tall, 3 ¼ inches round
Galileo will be available in white, black, and limited edition Kickstarter Green. The product will ship in spring 2012 for $129.95 MSRP and is now available for preorder globally via Kickstarter at adiscounted price of $85.
For the full press release and additional information please visit www.motrr.com/press or checkout Galileo on Kickstarter at www.kickstarter.com/projects/