ARCHOS Unveils the ChefPad, a Tablet for the Cooking Enthusiast
A fully Google certified tablet, the ChefPad features a unique Chef Apps Zone, HD 1080p video playback, front and back cameras,
Android 4.1, and a fast dual-core 1.6 GHz CPU
Denver, CO – May 13th, 2013 – ARCHOS, a pioneer in AndroidTM devices, is pleased to announce the ChefPad, a tablet designed for cooking enthusiasts. This specially designed cooking assistant made for both the kitchen and personal entertainment, is loaded with features like a powerful dual-core 1.6 GHz processor, quad-core Graphics processor, front and back cameras for sharing your latest culinary creations, 1080p video playback and a direct access to thousands of apps, videos, and music to cook by through Google Play. The 9.7”ChefPad powered by Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” will be available starting in June for $209.99 MSRP at www.ARCHOS.com.
Exclusive to the ChefPad is the Chef Apps Selection, where aspiring Chefs can discover a selection of the best cooking apps ranging from recipes, cooking tips and cooking TV to cooking assistant apps. This exclusive app program curates the best of all apps from Google Play in any specified category making it easier for the end user to find the right content.
“The ChefPad is the first ARCHOS tablet to use this filtering technology,” says Loïc Poirier, CEO of ARCHOS. “This is just the beginning for ARCHOS tablets using this technology; we will continue to launch new and exciting themed tablets that curate apps in such categories as kids apps, games, educational apps, business/productivity apps and more.”
Key ChefPad Features:
- Chef Apps – Filters through thousands of apps to provide the best cooking content in a range of categories including recipes, drinks, shopping, cooking TV and more. Whether you are looking for dinner ideas, a good wine match, a balanced meal plan, a smoothie recipe or just for music to listen to while cooking, Chef Apps gets it done.
- Let’s Get Cooking – Designed for the kitchen, the ChefPad features a silicone case that will keep it safe from water or food splashes and is easy to clean. In addition, it includes an adjustable stand for the best viewing angle while cooking.
- Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean – Powered by an unskinned version of Android™ 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’, the ChefPad delivers an optimized and super-smooth Android™ experience.
- Google Certified – Whether among the pre-installed apps or among the thousands of downloadable apps on Google Play, the ChefPad features all the applications that matter: HD video player, email, web browsing, news, games, eBooks, weather forecast and more.
- Powerful Hardware – Equipped with a dual-core CPU @ 1.6 GHz combined with a quad-core GPU & 1GB of RAM, the ChefPad delivers on both function and performance.
- Other Key Specs:
- 9.7” 1024×768 capacitive screen
- 8GB Capacity with expandable MicroSD slot
- 2 Megapixel Front and Back Cameras
- 1080p HD Video Playback
- Mini HDMI
Whether one is an aspiring Chef or just learning to cook, the ChefPad provides the ultimate cooking assistant while being a tablet you can use for all your personal entertainment needs. For more information about the ChefPad and other ARCHOS products visitwww.ARCHOS.com.
ARCHOS, a pioneer in the portable audio and video player market, and now specializing in Android Tablets, has repeatedly revolutionized the market for consumer electronics since 1988. Today, ARCHOS offers Android Tablets, Tablet PCs and MP3/MP4 players. In 2000, ARCHOS launched the Jukebox 6000, the first MP3 player combined with a hard disk. Then in 2003 ARCHOS introduced the first portable multimedia players with TV recording. In 2006 Wi-Fi is implemented and then touch screens in 2007. In 2008, ARCHOS launched the first generation Internet Tablets, and then the first ever Android powered tablets in 2009. ARCHOS has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. ARCHOS is quoted on Compartment C of Eurolist, Euronext Paris, ISIN CodeFR0000182479. Website: www.archos.com.
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ARCHOS_
Android, Google Play, Google Now and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.